click on the job description to learn how to apply
Digital Services Specialist will create and maintain a number of digital resources that support the Christa McAuliffe Center’s contribution to NASA’s Universe of Learning. This position will focus on the creation of digital resources on the topics of Exoplanets, History of the Universe and Life Cycle of Stars. The person in this position may be required to develop interactive visualizations and renderings in a format that will allow for a broad distribution to other educational facilities.
Mission Specialist at the Christa McAuliffe Center
Assist in the facilitation of Challenger Learning Center Simulated Spaceflight Mission program for Middle and High school students. This nation wide program inspires students to consider STEM career paths by immersing them in space exploration scenarios. All mission scenarios integrate hands-on and virtual interactive labs covering a wide range of science content, with authentic teamwork, problem solving, and strategic thinking challenges.
Examples of Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the facilitation of STEM hands-on and virtual activities for middle and high school students
- Work one-on-one with students participating in the Challenger Learning Center program
- Assist in the educational programs 1-2 days per week (6-12 hours/week)
- Facilitate communication based activities
- Actively develop presentation and communication skills (self development)
- Commit to a high standard of inclusive educational practices
- Experience working in a summer camp, after-school club or other informal education setting
- Presentation, communication and organization skills
- Comfortable working with technology and troubleshooting issues on the fly
- Dynamic, outgoing, and creative personality
- Interest in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
- Ability to work with diverse groups, to communicate effectively with both children and adults
- Needs to be able to work mornings, 8am to 2pm
How to Apply:
- Submit a résumé that includes all related coursework
- Submit a one-page cover letter that addresses the following questions: Why are you interested in this position? What skills can you bring to the position? What do you hope to get out of this experience?
- Email all application documents to Evan Pagliuca at firstname.lastname@example.org